Friday, February 18, 2011

Essential elements of inspiration

I thought I would start my blog by introducing you to a dear friend of mine, Lawrence Noble.  Lawrence is a Fellow with the National Sculpture Society, a brilliant sculptor, a man of integrity and one of the kindest individuals I’ve known. We met years ago at Artworks Foundry in Berkeley California while casting sculptures and unbeknownst to me, that brief meeting would lead to the beginning of one of my dearest friendships.  In 2007, I called on Lawrence to join me in a proposal for a life-size project and from that time on, we've spent hours discussing the ins and outs of creating sculpture, what inspires us, the meaning of life and anything else that comes up.  The life of an artist can be one of solitude and I find it essential to have that connection to others who can relate on a creative level but also to keep the humor going on this winding road of life.
Enjoy Lawrence's art and please visit his site:  http://www.lawrencenoble.com
Photo of Lawrence and more by Pak Han: http://www.pakhan.com


Lawrence Noble
Photographed by Pak Han



The statue of Eadweard Muybridge is
one of three that Noble sculpted for
Lucasfile's Digital Arts Center at the
Presidio of San Francisco, to pay tribute
to the pioneers in Motion Picture
and Television industries. 




Lawrence is known world-wide for his
bronze sculptures of Star Wars characters
Obi-wan, Yoda, Darth Maul, Luke Skywalker
and many others.

No comments:

Post a Comment